Do you know your X factor?
Have you ever wondered what’s so special about some famous personalities which made them renowned? Be it politicians, actors, CEOs, or any other category, those guys had an X factor which made it possible to reach that stature.
I am talking about the uniqueness we all have but the irony is not many people know about it. One who was able to explore that X factor could do it, by exploiting his uniqueness and be different from others, even in his own field.
I believe each one of us are gifted by at least one uniqueness which here I am referring to X factor. Only if you follow yourself and not the herd, you get familiar with your X factor.
I keep saying to my friends, monkeys stay in group but Lion is the king of jungle. Not that to know your X factor you’ve to be alone or not being social. But you’ve to keep trying ways which others don’t or can’t.
There is no training to be unique but you train yourself to know about yourself and be yourself.
You will be different from others only when you do what your gut feeling says and not when you follow others or do what others want you to do. The examples I can think of are Steve Jobs, Michael Jackson, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Subhash Chandra Bose, Pele, Einstein, Aamir Khan(Indian Actor), Ritesh Agarwal(Oyo Rooms) and many more. Its not that we can’t be successful by following others but we will be different otherwise.
Here are few things which you can keep in mind to know and exploit your X Factor
- Don’t follow others, instead listen to others but follow yourself.
- Don’t hesitate in trying out new things. Discoveries happen from experiment only.
- Think Different else just Google it.
- You’d mostly be alone when trying to be different, so start loving your own company.
- You’ll fail multiple times but treat them as validated learning towards your success.
- Don’t try to tell others to follow you (because you are doing things differently), coz no one will as they are also different than you.
- Love yourself, keep yourself mentally and physically fit. Do Exercise, Meditation and spend sometime with yourself.
- Respect Time! Live a disciplined life for at least 6 days a week. Value each second even if we have 24hours in a day.
- And most importantly, in order to do all the above, don’t hurt yourself or even anyone else.
Feel free to add to the above list if you’ve your own ways of finding the X Factor